April 28, 2015
I am still laughing:)))
A friend of mine just compared finding a job in NHS to..finding love.
1. Find a suitable position you might be interested in.
2. Make sure it's available.
3. Send your letter of intention.
4. Wait for reply, just to see if there is any sign of acceptance.
5. Then, present your best CV (but make sure you don't show off- you might be invited for the interview and providing evidence is usually required).
6. Try to find out more about person specification. In the meantime, it may become more clear if you want a..locum or a substantive job:))
7. If you get shortlisted, make sure to give your best shot. You might not get a second chance.
8. Show enthusiasm! I've been told this can make all the difference.
9. And finally, even if you get the permanent job, continue to show the same enthusiasm and desire to develop quality improvement projects. And..don't mess up! Otherwise, GMC might withdraw your licence to practice:)))))
My friend was trying to be funny!:)
But actually, he is right!
Most Users Ever Online: 98
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 347
Administrators: admin: 73